Rodie's proudly stocks and delivers pelleted feed manufactured by Elk Grove Milling, Inc. for horses, goats, sheep, rabbits and other animals in 50 pound bags as well as 250 pound barrels (barrels not available for all formulas). Elk Grove Milling’s formulas are varied to meet the horse’s needs, whether they are idle, performing, growing, pregnant or lactating. Pellets are manufactured by grinding hay into small particles, blending the hay with additional ingredients, compressing the blend into pellets, then cooling and storing the finished product.
Advantages Of Pellets:
- Pellets help eliminate the guesswork and keep you from wondering if your horse is consuming the correct amount of feed. Pellets can be weighed on a more accurate basis than hay.
- Pellets are much more convenient to handle, transport and store than hay. Storing hay takes up more room and the fire hazard is increased.
- There is virtually no waste when feeding pellets compared to hay. Horses tend to consume their ration where hay has a tendency to get scattered and trampled.
- Manure is decreased by 20%.
- Because the pellet is a pre-ground product, there is maximum utilization of the nutrients in the ingredients. The horse uses less energy to break down the pellet than it does to break down the hay. Its body then absorbs the nutrients needed to maintain good body health.
- There is virtually no “hay belly” on a horse being fed pellets; weight is evenly distributed throughout the horse’s body.
- There is very little dust in a pelleted feed. In most cases, allergies and coughing can be eliminated entirely.
- Since pellets can be soaked with water and converted to a mash, older horses and horses with bad teeth are now able to eat and digest their feed.
- Elk Grove Milling’s pellets are “Certified Weed Free” by the State of California Department of Food and Agriculture. By producing weed free pellets, Elk Grove is meeting the criteria of the National Forestry land, BLM land, public parks and all back-country requirements.
For more detailed information on the various blends and feeding recommendations for the various Stable Mix products, visit ElkGroveMilling.com.
Send to Phone
Your text message was sent.
To opt out at anytime, send the word STOP to YP411 from your mobile phone.
To get a help message, send the word HELP to YP411 from your mobile phone.
Please try again
You must enter a vaild 10 digit U.S. phone number.
Send this business listing as a text message to a mobile phone.
Rodie’s Feed & Pet Supply
8863 Marsh Creek Road, Clayton, CA 94517
Terms: The recipient of this text message may incur charges depending on their wireless carrier. Not all carriers are currently supported